Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Fruit Smoothie for the Soul

So yesterday morning I woke up and felt like having lots of fruit. Problem was, I didn't really have time to wash and cut any. So I decided to make a smoothie with some of the frozen mixed berries I had in the freezer and a banana, plus some other things to help in the blending process.
Rushed Frozen Berry Smoothie
1 banana
1 cup of frozen fruit
1 cup of milk (I used skim)
2 spoonfuls of plain yogurt (I used Greek) and
1 spoonful of quinoa seeds
First I put the quinoa, milk, and frozen fruit in to blend them as best as I could, then I added the banana and yogurt to thicken the mixture and add creaminess.
After the yogurt and the banana.
Final product!
There was enough to fill two large glasses, so I had one for breakfast and packaged the other to take to work and drink with my lunch which was watermelon and a red bell pepper.
Dinner was oh so good! I just love plain salmon that has been baked in the oven with just a little salt on top. Salmon was served with the leaf lettuce and tomatoes I had bought at the farmers market on Saturday, with Italian dressing.
Then it was blue berries for a snack.
Later last night I met up with a friend at a place called Popocha, a really relaxed and cool bubble tea place. The place is always full of young folks from the neighbourhood and stays open until 3am.
I ordered a large Honeydew smoothie with lychee jellies instead of tapioca balls, and my friend ordered a small green apple slushy with mango jelly stars. Mine was sweet and creamy, and hers was like having a super smooth slushy that tasted like pure candy, with more pieces of candy in it!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment