Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cashew Butter

So this weekend I went to the bulk food store to stock up on quinoa and peanuts. While I was there I discovered dried cantaloupe which I mentioned in my last post. I also found out that cashew pieces were on sale for almost half price. I always wanted to make cashew butter, but cashews are pretty expensive, so I decided to wait until a deal like this one came up.
I ended up buying around a cup and a half of roasted cashew pieces. It was the perfect amount to fill up a full jar for me and a small jar for my friend. The steps to making any nut butter are pretty simple. Pour the nuts into a food processor, pulse a few times, then turn the food processor on and watch the magic happen. If you want to add anything like cocoa powder, agave nectar, or salt, do it near the end. 
The final product! I found cashew butter to be much thicker than peanut butter and it's probably because cashews have less oil in them. Well, I'm glad I was finally able to cross one nut butter off my list. In the future I hope to make almond butter, sunflower seed butter, and maybe even my own hazelnut butter. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment