Thursday, August 4, 2011

Homemade Peanut Butter

Something I have always loved about the various vegetarian and vegan blogs that I read are the posts on making homemade nut butters. The change from whole peanuts or almonds or even sun flower seeds into a smooth and creamy butter still amazes me. What amazes me even more, however, is the difference in taste between homemade nut butter and store bought. In this post I have made peanut butter.
When I make a new batch of peanut butter, I pour 2-3 cups of peanuts into my food processor, then I press the pulse button a few times...
...then finally I turn the machine on and let it run until the peanuts have completely broken down and I am left with peanut butter. The following pictures show the different stages.
The whole process takes about 8-10 minutes. In the end I pour my fresh peanut butter into glass jars and then pop them into the fridge.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment