Monday, August 22, 2011

Last Day Party Treats

So there's a few reasons why posts on this blog have been scarce lately. Last week was my last day of work and so the days preparing for Friday's big party were hectic and left me with little time, and as soon as the work day ended on Friday I began my weekend vacation with family out of town. However, I am officially free of any responsibility and duties until school starts again. Yay! So please prepare yourselves for a tidal wave of posts about what I have been eating lately. Also, please look forward to the interesting projects I have put on hold until now. 
But before that happens, why don't I show you all the delicious baking myself and the children I work with made for our last day of summer camp!
What's this? This is the top layer of our epic 2 layer cake with chocolate sundae sauce on top. We made banana split sundaes with the kids earlier, and so when we made cupcakes, we tried putting it into the middle just for fun. It. Tasted. Amazing. Since we had some left over we decided to put a layer of chocolate sauce into our cake. 
Smores in a pan. The recipe came from the back of the Golden Grahams cereal box...I think someone forgot to put the extra mini marshmallows on top. 
Rice Crispy Cupcakes! Aren't they cute? Actually, we ran out of pans. 
So, none of the leaders brought any cookie sheets (myself included), but I had the genius idea to use the brownie pan. The recipe for these cookies is on the back of the chocolate chipits package. 
Actual cupcakes! With chocolate sauce in the middle of course. : )
The party had pizza and fruit and veggies, but everyone was most excited about the baking since the kids had made it themselves. It was such a blast, but now I'm going to really miss my summer job.  
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment