Monday, September 5, 2011

The Double Down!

So I was looking through old pictures when I discovered this. This is me holding a double down back when I was still in high school, before I had become a vegetarian. I remember first hearing about the double down on Saturday Night Live (a late night show that makes fun of current events) and thinking that it must be a joke. KFC would never try to sell something like this. People may buy it once just to try it, but it would never become a sandwich that people regularly order.
Well, a little while after that, it was being sold at all of my local KFCs, so my friends and I decided to go buy one and share it. Oh boy. During the few bites that I had of this sandwich, all I could think was "this is the saltiest, fattiest, most delicious sandwich I've ever eaten". I wish I could say that the sandwich tasted awful, that I felt sick afterwards, or that it left a horrible taste in my mouth. But the truth is that it tasted great. It had all the bad things people love. Deep fried chicken, bacon, cheese, and more cheese. Really, it tasted so good, I almost regretted sharing it with other people.
But that was a long time ago. I'm glad I had the chance to try something such as this at least once in my life time. Even if I decided to stop being a vegetarian later on in my life, I don't think I'll ever try one of these again, just because it's so bad for me. Anyways, I thought I would share this with you guys because it was really a great experience, and I sometimes find it funny looking back at the stuff I used to eat compared to what I eat now.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment