Friday, September 2, 2011

Making Chocolate Cake

What's this? Oh, just a double layer chocolate cake that was baked and iced by me. I made it for the end of summer party my ultimate team had and even wrote a small message on top (but I didn't get a chance to photograph it).
I originally wanted to make a four layer cake, but in the end I thought it was best to instead play it safe and go with just a two layer. The assembly of the cake was pretty simple. Make the batter, bake, hope the cake leaves the pan in one piece, ice one piece, stack the next one on top, ice that one, then ice the sides. The most fun I had during this entire experience was piping the edges. Doesn't it make the cake look so pretty?
In the end, I used the extra batter I had made to make cupcakes!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment