Saturday, September 17, 2011

Simple Summer Salad

So here is a simple salad I made the other day as part of my dinner. Leaf lettuce and tomatoes from the farmers' market, and fresh strawberries from the grocery store. I call this a summer salad because all the ingredients are best in the summer.
What are those little black specks you ask? Chia seeds! This was my first time using chia seeds and I loved them. I have often seen pictures of people sprinkling chia seeds onto their salad and other dishes, so I thought I would give it a try. It. Was. Great!
For this salad all you have to do is wash the lettuce, tomatoes, and strawberries, cut up the tomatoes and strawberries, toss everything together in an light oil based dressing, then sprinkle some chia seeds on top.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment