Monday, October 31, 2011

Filled-With-Everything Pumpkin Loaf

Hey there. So this weekend I was in a baking mood and picked up a can of pumpkin pie filling so I could make *gasp* another pumpkin loaf! That's right. Ever since I baked my first quick-bread, I just can't stop myself from thinking about making another. But this time, I decided things would be different. No more plain pumpkin loaf with a few walnuts thrown in. This time, we're going all the way, adding chopped pecans, raisins, and chocolate chips!

Filled With Everything Pumpkin Loaf
-4 ounces of softened cream cheese (or half a package of a block)
-1/4 cup of butter
-1 cup of white sugar
-2 eggs
-1 cup of canned spiced pumpkin pie filling
-1 and 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour (or all purpose if that's what you have)
-1 tsp of baking soda
-1/4 tsp of baking powder
-1/2 tsp of salt
-1/2 cup of chopped pecans 
-1/2 cup of raisins
-1/2 cup of chocolate chips 
Making this loaf is exactly the same as the original Thanksgiving Loaf, the only difference is the cooking time. With the added ingredients, the loaf will need to cook for an extra 10-15 minutes.
Use a hand mixer to mix together all your wet ingredients and the sugar. Mix up the rest of the ingredients (excluding the raisins, pecans, and chocolate chips) with a whisk. Put the two together, add the raisins, pecans, and chocolate chips, put the mixture into a greased loaf pan and pop it into the oven to bake at 350 degrees for an hour and ten minutes. Then check the loaf with a toothpick to see if it is fully cooked in the middle. If it is, pop it out of the oven. If it isn't, pop it right back in for another five minutes.
When my first loaf came out it had a huge crack down the side, so I thought I would use my knife to make a gash through the middle and hopefully encourage the loaf to crack closer to the middle.
It didn't really help. : (
Truthfully, I don't think I'll make this loaf again. Chocolate chips and raisins just don't seem to go well together. Nuts + raisins and nuts + chocolate are fine, just not raisins + chocolate chips.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! (minus the raisins, I hate raisins) Maybe I'll try this around Thanksgiving, when my family gets canned pumpkin :)

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete