Monday, October 17, 2011

Nicolino's is Full of Veggie Options!

So last friday I went out for lunch with my mother and one of her friends. We went to a place called Nicolino's located on Pembina Highway, and let's just say I was pleasantly surprised. Their lunch menu was chocked full of vegetarian options like home made soups and interesting salads, a few of their appetizers, and probably the best sandwich I've ever had at a restaurant. Their prices for full meals range from around $9.00 to $16.00, but they are well worth it.
First we ordered a basket of breadsticks which we then slathered with butter and dipped into our soups. They were fluffy and delicious and still warm when the waitress brought them out.
My mother and her friend both ordered the soup and salad. The soup and salad comes with the soup of the day and a half size salad of your choosing. They both loved their dishes and I believe the cost was $9.00 each.
And here was my dish. I ordered the vegetable sandwich, which then came with either salad, soup, or fries. Because we had ordered breadsticks I decided to get the soup.
The soup that they were serving that day was potato leek.
And now the sandwhich. Oh boy! This was probably the best, most delicious, most messy sandwich I have eaten in a long time. Normally when I go out to restaurants I am forced to order a salad that has too much dressing and is completely lacking in inspiration, so I was very excited to see that Nicolino's had a vegetable sandwhich. The sandwich came with lettuce, sprouts, tomatoes, asparagus, cucumber, bell pepper, and egg plant, with home made hummus on the bottom. You can see why eating this sandwich would have been a bit messy, and why I wasn't able to eat the entire thing. Plus, the whole dish was only $11.00!
Here's the location.

View Larger Map
Nicolino's on Urbanspoon
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment