Sunday, October 30, 2011

Awful Chocolate Banana Ice Cream

So I have this awful thing called a sweet tooth that compels me to look for sweet treats during the evenings. I know it's a problem, but I just can't help it. Take this evening for example. I wanted chocolate ice cream. But being the weirdo that I am, I've stopped my mom from buying ice cream, because then I'll eat it. So there I was, wanting chocolate ice cream, but not having chocolate ice cream, so I decided to make chocolate ice cream. Yah, the result was sort of similar to this experiment
So I started out with thoughts of making the regular banana ice cream, then adding cocoa powder, and then finally adding agave nectar to make up for the bitterness of the cocoa.  
So far so good.
Adding the cocoa and agave nectar.
Note to self, stir in powders and other dry ingredients before turning the food processor back on.
Okay, looks good!...Tastes awful.
It was really bitter and just weird tasting. I put it into the freezer for a few hours and tried it while I was watching Saturday Night Live, but it still didn't taste good. I'm still determined to find a way to make a chocolate version of banana ice cream. Perhaps next time I'll add melted chocolate chips.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I think it'd be better if you added chocolate syrup! Or made the cocoa powder into a liquid by adding water, and some sugar?

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete