Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Medium Sized Pumpkin Loaves

So I made another pumpkin loaf, which left me in the same pickle I was in the first time I made a pumpkin loaf. What am I going to do with half a can of pumpkin pie filling? Well, instead of making pumpkin muffin tops like last time, I decided to pull out my brand new medium size loaf pans.
The recipe is exactly the same as a regular pumpkin loaf, but instead of using nuts I added chocolate chips.
Turns out that a recipe to make a regular loaf will fit into four medium sized loaf pans.  Because I only had two, I put the rest of the batter into my regular loaf pan.
These loaves came out really well. Instead of having to bake for an hour, it only took 40 minutes. I think that the next time I want to make medium sized loaves, I'll halve the recipe. Or you know, just get more pans. : )
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. i definitely need to try this one out~ pumpkin+chocolate=yum!!

    xx maggie

    ReplyDelete