Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Ice-cream

Hi there. I'm back! Whew, I have spent so much of my time lately on school since the last day of classes in next tuesday, which means everything is due Right Now! I handed in two papers yesterday, and tomorrow's is almost done, so I figured I had time to show you what I made for dessert this weekend (that's right, there's always time for making dessert, and eating it of course).
After the Chocolate Banana Ice-cream failure, I was determined to give making a flavoured ice-cream another try. Well, this time I added some agave nectar and a large spoonful of peanut butter to see what would happen. Surprisingly, it worked out really well.

Peanut Butter Banana Ice-cream
-2 bananas cut into disks and frozen
-1 large spoonful of peanut butter (I used home-made)
-1 tbs of agave nectar to add extra sweetness
Making the banana ice-cream base is as easy as throwing the frozen banana into a food processor and letting it run until the banana looks like the picture above. Then you can add in the rest of your ingredients.
You may have noticed already, but the mixture came out really soupy. The flavour was really great, but honestly, you can't really go wrong with peanut butter and banana. I ended up putting the mixture into the freezer to let it harden. It isn't as creamy as ice-cream after it has been re-frozen, but this peanut butter banana ice-cream still tastes really good. I think if I make it again I'll throw the other ingredients in just a little before the banana has fully turned into ice-cream.
Oh, and what's this? This is a picture from a very special event that took place here in Winnipeg, Manitoba just a few hours ago! Can you guess what it is? Please look forward to Friday's post where I will reveal where I took this picture and will be hosting my first Free Giveaway!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment