Sunday, November 27, 2011

Remembering Summer

It's been cold lately. Really cold. Plus, my final day at the University before exams is this tuesday, so naturally I have been putting off my homework by looking at pictures from this summer.
This year's summer was a great one. I worked with kids at a community centre and got to go on multiple field trips, I spent some time visiting with family that I hadn't seen for years, and I also made the decision to become a full vegetarian.
The picture above is of a medium and large "Chocolate, Chocolate, Upside Down" from Winnipeg's BDI (Bridge Drive In). The Bridge Drive In is a must see during the summer. To be honest, I don't think my summer's would be the same without it. Unfortunately, it's only open during the summer, so it's been a while since I've gone.
Some of my friends don't believe me when I tell them that the pond in front of my house has fish in it.
This summer was also the summer I discovered greek yogurt. I LOVE greek yogurt and sometimes I wonder how I ever lived with out it.
I also fell in love with bananas. Why? I don't know, it might have something to do with banana ice-cream...
And then there's "Baked Expectations", or what I like to call "Cake Heaven on Earth". Any cake you can think of, cheese cakes, tortes, pies, cookie cakes, traditional cakes, wedding cakes, even pavlova, this place has it and will make it better than any other bakery in town. But this place isn't just known for it's cake, it also has a wide variety of main dishes like home made soups, salads with home made dressing, sandwiches and burgers that come with freshly cut potatoes. It's amazing. When I went there this summer, all I wanted was some fries and a piece of cake, so my friend and I ordered the sandwich and I got the fries.
Then she ordered the pavlova,
and I ordered the mocha torte, my favourite thing on the menu.
There were a lot of other pictures I took this summer from things like Canada Day and Ultimate tournaments my team competed in, but I decided to save them for another cold and stressed out day. I hope everyone stays healthy over the next few months and is sure to get lots of sunlight despite the weather.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. that looks soooooooooooo good. very jealous!

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete