Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Treats, Day 1: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Let me tell you, I have been looking forward to this day for a long time. Why? Because last night was my last exam and today is my first official day of vacation!
Also, since Christmas is coming and I'll have lots of time to bake, I thought it would be nice to share with my invisible internet friends all of the treats I make for the holidays. Therefore, today is the first of the 12 days leading up to Christmas day. Everyday I will post a different recipe, so be sure to tune in. Here is what I made this afternoon. Double Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies!
-1 cup of butter
-1+1/2 cup of white sugar
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1+1/2 cups chocolate chips
-2/3 cups of cocoa
-3/4 tsp baking soda
-2 eggs
-2 tsp vanilla
-1/2 tsp salt
First melt the butter, whisk in the eggs, and add the vanilla. Then in a separate bowl add all of your dry ingredients and stir those together.
Then take the wet mixture and add it to the dry mixture. Stir together and then add the chocolate chips and stir them in.
Grease a cookie sheet and then add the dough. Use your hands to roll the dough into balls and flatten them slightly on the cookie sheet.
Any size is fine, large or small.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes (8-10 minutes for larger ones). Let them rest on the pan for a minute and then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Well there you have it, simple and delicious chocolate chip cookies. : )
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment