Monday, January 16, 2012

Simple Apple Crisp

I love apple crisp. Really, it's been a favourite of mine since I was little. There's just something so comforting about warm, baked, apple slices covered in butter, sugar, and oats.
This recipe is very simple, but it does require some time to peel all of the apples (sadly you have to take off the skin).

Simple Apple Crisp
10-12 apples
1 cup of quick oats
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2/3 cup of melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon

Peel your apples and cut them into thin slices, then lay them into a baking dish. Stir together the oats, flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Right before you are about to put your topping onto the apples, pour the melted butter into the oat mixture and mix it in well. Then evenly distribute it over the sliced apples.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let it sit for 10 minutes before eating. Best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you have it. : )
Gosh, I really wish apple crisp was more photogenic. Oh well.
This apple crisp has the power to eliminate your guilty feelings about eating dessert, warm up your entire body, and make your house smell amazing. It's not too expensive to make and you can always add or take away apples depending on your preference.
I hope you have a chance to try this recipe someday so that you can feel the same warmth and comfort I do whenever I make this dessert. Just make sure you have some vanilla ice cream in the freezer when you do.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious. I actually just bought a bunch of apples. You can guess what I'm making next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love apple crisp so much...and vanilla ice cream really is a necessary addition. Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I've been browsing through your recipes and they all look great. I will definately be trying some.

    ReplyDelete