Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Simple Tuna Bunwiches

I hardly ever make sandwiches since I stopped buying bread years ago. Back when I used to have bread in the house, I would make grilled cheese sandwiches all the time, so when I decided to start eating healthier I stopped buying bread and haven't made any sandwiches or toast since.
However, due to the amazing sandwiches I'd eaten at Nicolino's and Edna Fedya, I suddenly had a craving for a home made tuna sandwich. So I put together some of the odds and ends that I had in the house and made some simple tuna bunwiches for myself and my mother.

Simple Tuna Bunwiches
-3 whole wheat buns
-1 can of light tuna in water
-1/4 english cucumber
-1 tomato
-some romaine lettuce
-1/2 an avocado
-1 spoonful miracle whip
-salt and pepper

First I drained the tuna, mixed it together with the miracle whip and some salt and pepper, then put it on the bottom of the buns. Then I layered the avocado, sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, and lettuce on top, then held them all together with toothpicks.

Simple, healthy, tasty...certainly not as good as the sandwiches I had eaten at the restaurants, but good enough to satisfy my craving.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Definitely trying this out for lunch tomorrow! (Except, I'm going to use the bread that I made myself, instead of the buns)

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete