Monday, February 6, 2012

Amazing Popping Bubbles at Asia City

So I didn't know that Asia City had bubble tea when I went there over the Christmas break. Wow, I had no idea what I was missing. The bubble tea at Asia City has quickly become famous amongst the younger folks in the area, and now I know why. They have an amazing selection of drinks that includes some pretty interesting flavours like Corn and Durian, plus they have something I have never seen before. Popping bubbles! There may be other popping bubbles here in the city, but this is the first time I have seen them. 
When you first go to Asia City you might be wondering where the Bubble Tea section is, so I drew a little diagram. You have to walk past all the seats all the way to the back of the restaurant, and then you'll be able to see the counter. Here is the menu they have posted on the wall.
And here they are on the purple sign. Popping bubbles! For the longest time I have been hooked on lychee jellies, but now I have a new favourite, lychee popping bubbles. They do cost a little more, but trust me, they are so worth it! Inside of each bubble is juice, so in a way, it's kind of like getting a drink inside of another drink. So good.
My strawberry real fruit smoothie with lychee popping bubbles and my friend's cappuccino slush with strawberry popping bubbles.
The strawberry popping bubble.
The lychee popping bubble. So good! Every time I would get a popping bubble, it felt like Christmas!

Well that settles it, I'm now in love with Asia City. I can not wait to go back and try the different combinations they offer! I know there will come a day when I will return to Asia City with a friend to order a durian real fruit slush and a corn real fruit slush, just, not today. : )
Asia City of Winnipeg on Urbanspoon
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try these for a while but I don't think any place around here sells them. They look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great place here. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of popping bubbles before, but they look awesome. I haven't had bubble tea yet either. I should get on that, xD

    ReplyDelete