Sunday, February 19, 2012

Nutella Cookies and Coconut Flour

Yay, it's reading week! I've been looking forward to this for so long and I have so many different things planned. I want to go to The Forks with my mom, visit The Cottage Bakery, see a movie at the cheap seats with my grandma, read The Hunger Games, and of course, try out a bunch of recipes! Yesterday I tried to make two different things that have been on my wish list for a while. 3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies and Coconut Butter. Unfortunately, neither of them turned out the way I wanted.
3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies 
-1 cup of Nuttela
-1 cup of white sugar
-1 egg

Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and beat with a hand mixer for about a minute. Then take your dough and roll them into 1tbs balls and lay them on the cookie sheet a few inches away from each other because the cookies will spread a lot. Then bake them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the tops are dry. Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and let the cookies rest for a few minutes on the sheet before transferring them onto a cooling rack.
These cookies, while really easy, don't actually taste very good. In fact, I could hardly taste any hazelnut flavour at all. Nutella is already pretty sweet on it's own, so adding a full cup of sugar makes these cookies too sweet. Also, Nutella has a lot of oil in it and it made these cookies so oily, I couldn't eat more than one. If you look up at the top picture you'll be able to see just how oily my fingers were. I tried to pat them with a paper towel like some people do with pizzas, but it didn't help. I won't be making these cookies again mostly because I found this recipe was a waste of really delicious Nutella.
Then I tried making the same coconut butter I had seen at Oh She Glows. It seemed pretty simple to me. Toss some coconut into the food processor, process for 10 minutes, enjoy.
For some reason my coconut never got past this flour-like stage. I let my processor run for close to 40 minutes before I decided it was time to stop because of the heat my machine was giving off. Does anyone know why this happened to me? Do anyone know a recipe that calls for coconut flour? : b
Well, I hope all the other University students out there are enjoying their reading week. I really look forward to the upcoming days and will be sure to post any delicious eats that I encounter along the way. 
Happy Reading Week!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This recipe is great! THanks for sharing it. I love nutella!

    ReplyDelete