Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Raspberry and Cream Cheese Cucumbers

Today I'm sharing a really simple recipe I came up with. After trying cucumbers that had been stuffed with seafood and cream cheese, I was inspired to make an appetizer that was similar, but more on the sweeter side.

Raspberry and Cream Cheese Cucumbers
-English cucumbers (1 cucumber makes 12)
-1 block of cream cheese at room temperature
-1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
-1 tbs lemon juice
-2 tbs icing sugar (or to taste)
-Raspberries (fresh, not frozen)

Use a vegetable peeler or knife to peel the cucumber on four sides to make a square shape. Then cut the cucumber into 1 inch chunks and use a spoon or melon baller to scoop out half of the centre. Then lay the cucumber pieces upside down on a paper towel to let them dry for around an hour. For the filling, take the softened cream cheese, lemon juice, sour cream or greek yogurt, and sugar, and use a hand mixer to blend them together. Then put the filling into a piping bag and fill the holes inside of the cucumber. Then add 1 raspberry to the top of each cucumber.

These aren't all that sweet and work really well as a light appetizer to go with cheese and crackers. They're pretty easy to make and are healthy! Sort of. I've never tried this recipe with any low fat cream cheese before, but I know that whether you use sour cream or greek yogurt, the result is always the same.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Is it weird that I'm thinking of making these and drizzling dark chocolate over them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, yes.
      Just kidding. ; ) Actually, now that you mention it, I might try that the next time I make these. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful combination! My taste buds are awaken already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog. What I see here is really nice. You take wonderful pictures and these mini cucumbers look great, very original.
    I will follow you!

    ReplyDelete