Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Edna Fedya's Bananas Foster French Toast

There's one word that best describes this dish. Decadent. Before I go on, I know I've already posted about Edna Fedya twice already, but I promise this will be the last one. Oh wait, I still have those pictures of the sandwich I ate there last week. Ugh, Edna Fedya is just too awesome! : )
So today I'm so excited to tell you about a very special menu item at Edna Fedya. The bananas foster french toast, offered only on weekends and holidays. It's basically a sandwich made using two slices of french toast with cream cheese and caramelized bananas in between, smothered in a brown sugar syrup. Oh, and it comes with a small bowl of fruit, because you really need more sugar.
I remember the first time I ate this. It was just like every other Sunday morning at Edna Fedya and I was getting ready to order an omelette, when out of no where my server asks me if I had seen the special on the blackboard up front. I told him I hadn't and he said right away that I would love it. I was a little hesitant at first, because I really wanted an omelette, but he seemed really excited, so I said yes. Best decision I ever made. For weeks after that this was what I ate for sunday brunch, even though it was no longer the special and wasn't even on the menu. But then one week the menus were updated and I discovered that the bananas foster french toast had been added to the menu! It was official! Since then I've seen other folks ordering the banana's foster french toast and I have moved on to try other meat-free menu items, but every once in a while I order it as a special treat. And then I go run on the treadmill for an hour.
Gosh, so good. Warning: It's super hot when it's comes out, so you might want to eat the fruit first while you wait for things to cool down. If you haven't tried this dish yet, I'd say go for it! And if you haven't been to Edna Fedya yet, why? Why? WHY?!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! Love this one and great pics too!

    ReplyDelete