Monday, March 26, 2012

A Final Visit to Prairie Lights Before The Summer

Well the school year is now coming to an end which means that Prairie Lights Restaurant will soon be closing it's doors for the summer holidays. To read my other two blog posts about Red River College's Culinary Arts program and my meals at Prairie Lights, click here and here.
Friday's meal was the perfect way to say goodbye to Prairie Lights before summer vacation, as well as the perfect meal to give me strength and energy before my up coming final exams. The menu had many seafood options and being a pescetarian, I felt like I had many dishes to choose from. From the beginning of the meal with the delicious bread basket, to the final bites of heavenly dessert, my meal was truly amazing. By the time I left to go home that evening I was completely stuffed and satisfied. Here are some of the photos I took during the meal.
The bread basket with a small loaf of zucchini bread in the centre and a plate of various butters including a sweet beet butter and pesto.
 The Asparagus Spears and Poached Egg Salad with Spiced Walnuts and Bacon Dressing.
My meal, the Vegetable Tagine served on Toasted Couscous with Apricots and Almonds.
The Cornish Game Hen with Ginger Sesame Stuffing and Saskatoon Jus.
And then of course we had to order something flambéed.
The Bananas Foster Flambé with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
The Gateau Opera.
The Mini Baked Alaska with Mixed Berry Sauce.
And my favourite dish of the evening, the dessert special. Spiced Molten Chocolate Cake with Poached Apples, Ginger Ice Cream, and Coffee Soil. This dessert was really amazing because the cake was very rich and fudgey, and the ginger ice cream was like nothing else I had ever had before. I absolutely loved it. Perhaps I should ask the college for the recipe and then I'll have a reason to bring out my ice-cream maker from the back of the cupboard.
Well that's it. I hope everyone does well on their final exams. Be sure to get lots of sleep and keep in mind, summer break is just around the corner!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I just took a glimpse on the menu! The starter looks interesting & I prefer the Entree 2, yummmm!

    ReplyDelete