Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lunch at the Cottage Bakery

Mmmm, doesn't that look good? A few days ago my mother and I went out for lunch with my Grandma to a place in the neighbourhood called Cottage Bakery. It's gets pretty busy around lunch time when the students from the high school next door have their lunch hour, but for the most part it's relatively quiet and is the perfect place to go to when you're looking for a simple and inexpensive meal.
Despite it's small appearance from the outside, there's actually quite a lot of space inside of the bakery and it even has some tables for folks to sit at if they plan on eating in, which was exactly what we were there to do.
On the bakery side of the building is a table of pre-baked goods including cookies and pies, and a wall of freshly made bread.
On the other side is the counter where you can order things like drinks, salads, soup and sandwiches, and treats.
Our lunch. My mom ordered their soup and garlic toast, my grandmother ordered their chicken caesar salad, and I ordered their garden fresh sandwich.
All of the food was really good and my grandma absolutely loved the salad. It's too bad she wasn't able to finish it. I also liked my lunch, but it would have been nice if there had been more toppings inside of my sandwich. As you can expect from a bakery, the bread tasted great. After that it was time to head over to the dessert counter. Although it isn't as fancy as the display from The Crusty Bun, it still had a lot to offer.
 
Our desserts!
We each tried a little bit of all the desserts and I have to admit that I found my chocolate mouse dome to be the best. : )
So that was our experience at the Cottage Bakery. If you're interested in giving Cottage Bakery a try, it's located at 1382 Pembina Highway.

View Larger Map
Cottage Bakery on Urbanspoon
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! Especially the desserts, looking absolutely delectable.

    xx maggie
    saltandleather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmm! I want one of everything!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looks so good here! So much lovely food! It makes me so hungry! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by my blog a while ago. It took me a while to come to pay you a visit! You have an interesting blog. Knowing that you are a vegetarian & I had cooked/make some vegetarian food this week, will be posted next week, esp dedicated for my vegetarian followers!

    ReplyDelete