Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Bridge Drive-In is Now Open!

You know that summer has started when you drive down Jubilee Ave. and see that the BDI (Bridge Drive-In) is open. Over the weekend my mother and I drove past it and thought we saw a person standing at the window, so on Tuesday when I was out with my Uncle, we decided to head over there to confirm that it was really open. We went there at around 5:30pm and were so excited to see that indeed there were people already there, enjoying their ice cream and walking across the bridge. I just know that if we had come later, maybe at around 7:00pm or 8:00pm, there would have been a much bigger crowd.
The BDI is one of Winnipeg's landmarks and was even voted as one of Winnipeg's seven wonders back in 2007. It's known for it's delicious ice cream that comes in a variety of flavours, and it's famous "Goog", something I have yet to try. When I was playing Ultimate with my team last summer, often we would go to the BDI to celebrate our win or to console ourselves after our loss, and then we would walk across the bridge and throw our discs around in the playground nearby.
The bridge itself. You may notice below that there is an image of the bridge on the cups' designs.
My uncle ordered a small butter pecan sundae. I tried it and it was reallllllly good.
And then I ordered what I always ordered. A small (yes, this is the small) chocolate, chocolate upside down. So good and so chocolatey. Since the first time I ever went to the BDI, this has been the ice cream treat that I have ordered and I will continue to order it because it is just so good.
So now you know that the BDI is once again open for business. I can't wait for the heat to really hit us here in Winnipeg, because then I know that the ice cream at the BDI will taste even better. Bridge Drive-In (BDI) on Urbanspoon
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! Very exciting! Love BDI :)

    We may have to go this summer and try the Goog together, hey? I've yet to try it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your icecream may contain any nuts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about the ice cream, but I am certain that the staff are constantly handling nuts for the toppings, so if you or someone you know has a serious nut allergy, it's probably best to stay safe and not have any.

      Delete