Thursday, April 5, 2012

Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today I was craving cookies. Nothing special, no snicker doodles or gingersnaps (my favourite cookie of all time), just plain, old fashioned, chocolate chip cookies. The only problem is, I don't have a recipe for chocolate chip cookies in the family recipe box! There's one for doubled chocolate chip cookies (of course), but today I had to go looking for a recipe online in order to satisfy my craving.
So I went to Joy of Baking for a recipe and I'm so glad I did because these cookies were so good, better than any cookie I bought at a grocery store, and only took 30 minutes to make.

Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies [source]
-1 cup of softened butter
-3/4 cup white sugar
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-2 large eggs
-1+1/2 tsp vanilla
-2+1/4 cup all purpose flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1+1/2 cup chocolate chips

Beat the softened butter in a bowl with a hand mixer until fluffy. Then add the white and brown sugar and beat again. Then add the vanilla and eggs, and beat until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add it to the wet mixture and beat until well combined. Then stir in your chocolate chips.
Use a cookie scoop or two spoons to make 1 tbsp balls of dough and place them onto a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Pat down the dough balls and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are brown. Bring out of the oven, let them rest on the cookie sheet for a minute, and then transfer them to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Eat immediately because they will taste fantastic!
The edges of the cookies will be brown, and so will the bottoms. That's when you know they're done.
Then I took a plate of the cookies outside to enjoy with a glass of almond milk. So wonderful.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love chocolate chips cookies. Mmmmm! I want one so badly now! *hehe*

    ReplyDelete