Monday, June 25, 2012

Speaking En Francais in Toronto: Part 4, Inniskillin Winery

To begin, I'd like to say "IIIIIII'mmmmm Baaaaaaaaack!" That's right folks, my five week stay in Toronto as a participant in the French Language Explore Program has now come to an end and I'm ready to get back to blogging. I have so many great things to say about the program and the people I met while I was in it, but for now all I'll say is, if you're a student in Canada, apply for the Explore scholarship. You won't regret it.
I also have a lot of pictures from my trip and some of those pictures are of food! In the meantime though, I really wanted to share my first experience going to a winery and tasting wine.
The winery was called Inniskillin and it was a stop our group made on our way to Niagara Falls. Boy, was it ever beautiful. It was a beautiful day to begin with, but the amazing scenery and fields of green were really something to behold.
Before the tasting, we also had a chance to take a tour inside the winery and to see how wine is made.
Then came the tasting. I do not drink alcohol for various reasons such as health, cost, always being the designated driver, etc., but I did try all three of the wines and then spit them into a small container. Yep, I really don't like the smell or taste of wine. The last sample we were given though I didn't mind all that much. It was an icewine that had a slightly citrus flavour and was quite sweet, so for folks that love wine, I would definitely recommend it...if they don't mind the expense. : )
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. How cool! I adore their ice wine! :)

    ps. Welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that must have been a great trip! And the wine must have been delicious!
    It is good to have a break from blogging every so often as you come back refreshed and with new ideas!

    ReplyDelete