Friday, June 29, 2012

Speaking En Francais in Toronto: Part 5, Menchie's

So I'm back from my 5 week stay in Toronto and there are a couple things I've really been starting to miss. The friends I made, the beautiful campus, the super condensed French lessons...and Menchie's! Oh gosh, I miss Menchie's so much! Down the street from the campus where I and all the other students were staying was this amazing frozen yogurt shop. There, you are welcome to serve yourself unlimited samples of all the different flavours the shop is offering that day, and then once you've tried them all, you can pour your frozen yogurt into a bowl, top it with every kind of topping you can imagine, and then enjoy. The shop charges by weight and is actually fairly inexpensive.
The inside of the shop.
So like I mentioned earlier, at Menchie's there are lots of different flavours of frozen yogurt to choose from, and practically a whole wall of toppings that range from fresh fruit, to candy, to various kinds of sauces. Here are some of the combinations my friends and I came up with.
Strawberry Kiwi yogurt with fresh fruit and some candy.
Mocha yogurt + Vanilla yogurt with lots of chocolate candy on top and mochi.
Black Cherry yogurt + Mocha yogurt + Coconut yogurt, with strawberries, chocolate candy, and lots of different kinds of chopped nuts.
Coconut yogurt with brownies, chocolate sauce, and chocolate crunch. This was my combination and it was so good, I had the same thing every time I went back to the shop.
And the best thing about the whole experience was, no one's dessert cost more than $7.00! Mine was around $5.50, while some of the more extravagant ones were closer to $7.00. And these were fairly large cups.
Unfortunately, Winnipeg doesn't have a Menchie's. I've checked. Many times. : (
Pin It

1 comment: