Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My First Trip of the Summer to The St. Norbert Farmers' Market

Hi everyone! It is currently pouring outside, so what better time to reminisce about the beautiful weekend we had. On Saturday morning my mother and I woke up early in order to head on over to the St. Norbert Farmers' Market. I missed being able to go to the market while I was in Toronto, but now that I am back, I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can.
Contrary to what some folks may think, farmers' markets are not only about selling fruits and veggetables. It's also a place where people can sell their paintings, jewellery, baking, flowers and other plants, and other food like free range eggs and home made jams. Some times, there's even a tent that sells fudge!
During our trip to the market on Saturday, my mother and I ran into a large number of co-workers and childhood friends, so I wasn't able to capture as many pictures of all the wonderful things at the market as I could have. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to go again! : )
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Nice summery market. It reminds me of the Italian markets where you can get lots of different things and the vegetables look beautiful on display.
    I bet you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete