Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hello Huevos Rancheros!

I've found a new love at Edna Fedya and it is called the Huevos Rancheros (also known as the Mexican Breakfast at Stella's). For months I have seen people order this gorgeous meal while thinking to myself "one of these days I'm going to have to try that", and yet it wasn't until today's Sunday brunch when I decided that it was the perfect day to take pictures of something new and finally ordered it.
OH MY GOSH! How have I lived until now? At first I didn't believe my server when she told me that she loved it so much, at one point it was all she had eaten at the restaurant for 3 months, but now I'm starting to believe that I will soon be following in her footsteps.
So what is the Huevos Rancheros? It's two soft corn tortillas covered in refried beans, sunny side eggs, cheddar cheese, green onions and tomatoes served with salsa, guacamole, cilantro sauce and either hash browns or a fruit salad.
Although the description says that it comes with sunny side eggs, my server told me that I could have any kind of eggs, even scrambled, so I asked for poached soft.
I loved the salsa because it isn't like the liquidy stuff you would find in a jar. It's also very mild.
Each bite of this meal was a perfect combination of savoury cheese and eggs, fresh tomatoes and salsa, a little bit of creaminess from the guacamole and cilantro sauce, all piled on top of the soft corn tortilla and delicious refried beans. The only sad part about this meal was that I barely had enough room to eat any of my hash browns!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Reading this post was painful!!!! OMG! That is my very favourite meal ever. Now I NEED to go to Stellas tonight for dinner. *HAH*

    ReplyDelete