Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kay's Deli, a RRC Student's Dream

This past Tuesday I had the opportunity to grab a quick bite for dinner at Kay's Deli. I was stranded at the Red River College as I waited for the first The Projector meeting to take place at 5:00pm and quickly discovered that the school's food corner had already closed. So I whipped out my handy ipad and used the urbanspoon app to find a place near the college to eat dinner. Other than a few Chinese restaurants down the street and a Subway around the block, there was really only Kay's Deli. 
So off I went in search of a good meal, and along the way I kept running into people who were heading back to the college after eating at Kay's Deli. And they all said similar things. "Really good food", "I love that place", "if you're a vegetarian, you'll have no problem". By the time I reached the shop I was super excited for my meal. But then I saw the sign saying that the shop closed at 4:00pm...and it was 3:55pm! Nooooooo!
Luckily, the lovely people who work at Kay's Deli took my order as soon as I walked in and handed me my food to go. Great success! While I was waiting, I snapped a few photos of the place. 
So after I was served, I walked back to the college to eat my meal in the cafeteria. The food I ordered was a Roasted Vegetable Wrap which came with portabella mushroom, zucchini, eggplant, red onion, fresh lettuce, and goat cheese. The wrap alone was $7.50, but I asked for a bowl of soup as well, so my total was $11.50.
I'm not sure what the soup was, but I believe it was a split pea curry soup.
The food I ate from Kay's Deli was really delicious and just what I needed before going into the meeting. I know I will be going there again soon because there are still so many vegetarian options I have yet to try. If you're interested in going to Kay's Deli, they are open from 9:00am-4:00pm Monday through Friday, and are closed Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays. Catering is available on Saturdays though!

View Larger Map
Kay's Delicatessen on Urbanspoon
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That's just down my street. I've been wondering if it's any good. I'll have to check it out very soon! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete