Thursday, October 11, 2012

Eating Vegetarian at Smoke's Poutinerie

So last week a classmate and I decided to walk over to Smoke's Poutinerie to grab a quick bite to eat before our next class started. What's that? You say you've never heard of this beautiful place? Well never fear. I was like that too once. Thank goodness I put an end to that sooner rather than later. I already feel sad enough having never heard of the place until this school year, I can't imagine how depressed I'd be if I hadn't eaten at Smoke's Poutinerie until after I graduated. 
This was my first time going to the restaurant devoted to serving specialty poutine and I was so excited.
As soon as I stepped in I was immediately impressed by the interior design, a throwback to old-fashion diners. The menu was equally impressive. From Traditional poutine to Curry Chicken and Philly Cheesesteak, Smoke's has a wide selection that will satisfy any poutine craving. They even have a few vegetarian options for people who can live without bacon, such as the Veggie, Veggie Deluxe, and the Veggie Nacho. 
My friend got the Bacon poutine (clearly she is not one of the people I mentioned above).
And I ordered the Veggie Deluxe poutine, which comes with sautéed onions, mushrooms, and green peas, along with the classic gravy and cheese curds. 
I thought the poutine was delicious and I am definitely going back to try their Veggie Nacho which comes with salsa, guacamole, jalapeños, and sour cream. My friend and I both ordered the small sizes of poutine, and at first I was a little worried it may not be enough and would leave me hungry again later in the afternoon, but it was actually a struggle to finish the entire box. I'm really glad I played it safe, because it would have been a horrible tragedy to waste such delicious food.
If you'd like to visit Smoke's Poutinerie and taste some of their different poutines, they are located in the Exchange District at 131 Albert Street.

View Larger Map
Smoke's Poutinerie on Urbanspoon
Pin It

1 comment: