Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fresh "Meat" at RRC's Prairie Lights

Last Friday I went out to eat at Red River College's Prairie Lights with my mother and boyfriend. When we went, there was a new batch of students taking our orders and preparing our dishes, an experience I find almost as exciting as eating the meal itself. It's so much fun to ask them about their studies and get to know them as they work through the program over the year and take turns doing the different jobs at the restaurant.

I've blogged about the college's student run restaurant many times before, partly because for a long time I considered entering the Culinary Arts program before I discovered the Creative Communications program. If you'd like to read my posts on all the amazing food I have eaten at Prairie Lights (and boy, are there a lot), simply click here, here, and here.

As always, the lighting is very dark in the restaurant, so the photos are often a little dimmer and out of focus than usual as I try to increase the amount of light in the photos by playing with random settings on my camera. I'm sure with a professional camera (and perhaps a little knowledge of more advanced photography) my pictures could look better.

Hmmm, perhaps I should contact my friend Braiden from braidenwatling.com...

So here are some photos of the meal that I had last Friday. Above is a photo of the Corn Puree with Ginger Lobster and Chili Oil.
Here is the Tandoori Tofu with Chickpeas, New Potatoes and Tamarind Sauce served with various vegetables.
And my favourite part of the evening, The Lavender Creme Caramel with Caramelized Oranges and Blackberry Ice Cream.

As always, if you would like to make a reservation to eat at Prairie Lights or would like to see the menus the students have created, click here; or if you'd like to learn more about the Culinary Arts program at Red River College, click here.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment